Then we are looking for YOU to join the team.
Join the executive or serve on a committee. No skills required just passion.
Internal Coordinator/Recording Secretary
Give Back Committee
Come hear reports from the outgoing executive and help us chart the direction forward for this organization.
Light refreshments will be provided.
Call 647-203-5957 if you prefer to speak to someone directly.
See you there.
In partnership with Accenture, Cisco, CivicAction, TD and United Way, we are recruiting GTA youth for the 1st class of Technology Service Corps (TSC), our free IT skills training, paid internship and job placement program. Ryerson University is hosting our program at the Ted Rogers School of Management at Yonge and Dundas. We are welcoming enrollment from high school/GED graduates between the ages of 18 to 25 who are eligible to work in Canada.
Here is a quick snapshot of the program:
NPower Canada Technology Service Corps (TSC)
√ Offered at no cost to participants
√ Employer-driven, industry-certified
√ Access to skilled entry-level jobs that lead to meaningful careers
√ 80%+ of graduates employed and/or
in higher education
Benefits to Students
Hard Skills Training Designed by CISCO and Delivered at Ryerson
Access to Meaningful and Sustainable Work
CISCO IT Essentials Including:
· Preparation for A+ certification
· Network and systems administration
· Hardware and software fundamentals, installation, troubleshooting and repair
· Mobile and desktop user support
· Website design and maintenance
· Telecomm installation and troubleshooting
· Professional skills development
· Job placement services
· Paid professional internships
· Individual mentoring from industry professionals
· Job retention support, ongoing professional mentoring, alumni networking and additional certification paths for up to 2 years post-hire
Who is eligible?
Youth between 18 to 25 years of age who have completed high school or their GED and are
legally entitled to work in Canada
When and where?
Ryerson University, Mondays to Fridays, p/t from 9 AM to 1 PM
22 weeks including 15 weeks in the classroom and 7-week paid internships
1st class begins Monday, November 3rd
Seats are limited to 25 participants due to high level of teamwork, interaction and customized individual supports
1. Attend an NPower Canada Information Session
2. Obtain a Letter of Recommendation and write a Letter of Intent
3. Complete online application
4. Meet with program staff for individual interviews, skills testing and behavioural assessments
Application Due Date
Students must apply to join our November class no later than Friday, October 4th – early applications are strongly encouraged due to class size restrictions
View brochure here NPower Canada TSC Overview Brochure August 2014
August 14, 2014 – Toronto, Canada
Local Grenadian community organization, the Boca Toronto Support Group (BTSG) has announced the opening of its annual scholarship aimed at providing support to Grenadian students both in Grenada and Toronto. The BTSG headed by Jerry Ross will provide four scholarships worth $500 CAD to students on island and one scholarship to a Grenadian student in Toronto. Applicants need to have either recently completed their high school education and have been accepted into a post secondary institution – college or university. Additional details and application forms below. – Trisha M.
DOWNLOAD FORM BY CLICKING LINK BELOW