What does this support?: Funds raised support the delivery of better health care throughout Grenada, Carriacou & Petite Martinique through the purchase of medical supplies and specialized equipment as part of the Grenada Hospitals Assistance Fund (BN: 891250771RR0001) special equipment project. The first goal is to purchase an ultra-sound machine for the Princess Alice Hospital valued at $20, 000.
Why: Grenada is woefully behind in several key specialties, including oncology/hematology, radiology, internal medicine, and emergency medicine. In fact, procedures such as CT scans, dialysis, and digital X-rays can only be performed by the country’s private hospitals. As a result, off-island care plays a large role in emergency and advanced medical treatment. Patients with secondary care needs are often flown to other facilities in the Caribbean or the United States. The financial burden for such care is enormous and unavailable to the vast majority of Grenadians, for whom private insurance is not an option. Typically, only the wealthiest of Grenadians can afford to pursue the care they need off-island.
You can help save a life.
Every dollar you donate purchases life-saving medication and equipment.
2) Fill out the form below to request a pledge form, get a team together and walk for the cause on July 12.
WALK ROUTE 2015
COME FOR THE WALK STAY FOR THE FUN!
Post Walk celebration runs from 11am – 6pm and features
- Spice Ignite soccer tournament – 1PM Teams: Grenada, St. Lucia, Guatemala, Ecuador, Brazil & Canada
- Cricket Fete Match – 4:30pm PBC Old boys vs Grenada Sports & Culture Club
- Live appearance by Concepcion Toronto Carnival Masqueraders – Check out the costumes and register to play Toronto Carnival!
- Food tents from across the world – Grenada, St. Lucia, Ecuador, Guatemala
- Games for the whole family
- Hosted by Grenada’s #1 comedian – Fatman George
Check out the pics from last year’s event!! We raised $3000 and had FUN doing it!!